Wild South of Mahe Tour
Take a guided tour through the unspoiled South of Mahe
Visit Victoria Market, the Botanical Gardens, Mission Lodge and Anse Royale
This tour is from Mahe only - boat transfers from La Digue or from Praslin to Mahe can be added to your booking.
Included in this adventure
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Guided tour
- Creole buffet lunch
- Bottle of Water
What to bring: Light casual clothing, comfortable walking shoes, swimwear/towel, sun cream, cash and a camera
The South of Mahe offers travellers unspoiled beaches, countryside and an overall untamed island feel. Start your day in one of the smallest capitals in the world, Victoria, with a guided tour to the colourful Sir Selwyn-Clarke Market as well as a chance to see the famous 'Little Ben' clocktower. Then it's up to Mt Fluri and a visit to the Seychelles National Botanical Gardens, with its array of mature, exotic and endemic plants. This tropical garden is home to a wide variety of spice and fruit trees, as well as a population of giant tortoises!
After this, you will continue on a scenic drive into the mountains with stunning ocean views towards Mission Lodge - once the site of an ancient school for slave children that is now used as a home for endemic birds.
From here you will head down towards the West Coast, driving past tea plantations, picturesque villages and stunning photo opportunities, arriving eventually at Chez Plume for a sumptuous Creole Buffet lunch. After lunch, your tour continues along the west and south coastal roads, taking in the stunning scenery, until you eventually arrive at Anse Royale beach. Here you can spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure, swimming or just relaxing on the beach.
This tour takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. For the full itinerary and pick-up times, have a look at the tab 'Itinerary'.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out.
Wild South of Mahe tour itinerary
09:00 - Start of a guided tour of Victoria / Market
10:15 - Depart Victoria and head towards the Botanical Gardens
10:20 - Arrive at Botanical Gardens for a visit
11:10 - Depart for Mission Lodge, via Sans Soucis, with panoramic photo stop en route
11:40 - Arrive at the Mission Lodge (site of the old school for freed slave children)
12:15 - Depart Mission Lodge towards Chez Plume, via west coastal road, with photo stops along the way
12:45 - Arrive Chez Plume for lunch
13:00-14:00 - Enjoy a sumptuous Creole Buffet
14:05 - Depart Chez Plume and head to Anse Royal Beach via west and south coastal road with photo stops along the way
14:30 - Arrive at Anse Royale Beach for Leisure and swimming
16:00 - Depart Anse Royale & transfer back to your respective hotels
- All rates are quoted in Euro and subject to change due to government regulations or other factors beyond the control of the operator.
- All excursions are subject to the weather conditions. In the event of cancellation, the operator shall reschedule the tour, offer an alternative excursion of similar value or issue a full refund.
Minimum participants required:10.
Should the number not be reached, you will be notified before the tour by a CTS representative
- Applicable entrance and/or landing fees are included.
- Rates given are inclusive of guide & lunch unless specified otherwise.
- Rates are inclusive of return hotel transfers on Mahe
- Child rate is applicable to children between 2-11 years.
- Infant is applicable to children under 2 years, they are free of charge.
- Children and infants are required to travel with at least one adult.
Changes & Cancellations
- Date changes are possible up to 48 hours before departure, subject to availability
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours before departure will be eligible for a full refund, minus any charges applied to make the refund (see the general Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges)
- For any cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure, there will be no refund (100% charge will apply)
Duration: 10 Hours
Categories: Tours and Day Trips