Wild South of Mahe Tour
Take a guided tour through the unspoiled South of Mahe
Visit Victoria Market, Cap Lazare, Mission Lodge and the Tea Plantation in Mahe.
This tour is from Mahe only, boat transfers from La Digue or from Praslin to Mahe can be added to your booking.
Included in this adventure
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Guided tour
- Creole buffet lunch
- Bottle of Water
What to bring: Light casual clothing, comfortable walking shoes, swimwear/towel, sun cream, cash and a camera
The South of Mahe offers travelers unspoiled beaches, countryside and an overal untamed island feel. Start your day in one of the smallest capitals in the world, Victoria. Here you will visit the Little Ben market where you will be able to see the famous Clocktower. After this you will continue on a scenic drive into the mountains with stunning ocean views towards Mission Lodge, an ancient school that is now used as a home for endemic birds but used to be a school for slave children.
Next you will be off to the West Coast to the Pineapple Studio driving past the Tea plantations, picturesque villages and other stunning photo opportunities. Here you will learn all about the local arts and crafts and end up in the middle of Cap Lazare surrounded by scented blossoms and beautiful gardens at a private estate where you will get a delicious Creole Buffet lunch served right on the beachfront. You can spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing, exploring the surroundings, meeting the giant land tortoises, native plant species, a beautiful underwater world and some stunning panoramic views.
Please note that in order for this tour to happen, CTS needs a minimum of 10 people who have booked this tour. You will be notified at least 48 hours in advance if the tour will not be happening due to insufficient numbers. This tour takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. For the full itinerary and pick-up times have a look at the tab 'itinerary'.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out.
Unspoiled South of Mahe tour itinerary
- 07:30 – 08:30 Pick-up from hotels
- 09:00 Start of guided tour of Victoria / Market
- 10:00 Depart Victoria and head towards Mission Lodge, via Sans Soucis with a photo stop at Bel Eau with the view of Victoria and nearby Islands
- 11:00 Arrive at the Mission Lodge (site of the old school for freed slave children)
- 11:30 Depart Mission Lodge after visit and head towards Pineapple Studio via west and south coastal road with photo stops along the way
- 12:45 Arrive at the Pineapple Studio for a guided tour of the workshop producing local arts
- 13:15 Depart Pineapple Studio and head to Cap Lazare Restaurant for a delicious Creole buffet lunch
- 13:30 Arrival at Cap Lazare, welcome drink will be offered
- 13:45 Sumptuous Creole Buffet Lunch Afternoon at leisure OR Visit of the nature trail at Cap Lazare
- 16:00 Depart Cap Lazare Restaurant & transfer back to your respective hotels
Cancellations and changes to your booking
- All rates are quoted in Euro and subject to change due to government regulations or other factors beyond the control of the operator.
- All excursions are subject to the weather conditions and require a minimum number of pax in order to proceed. In the event of cancellation, the operator shall reschedule the tour, offer an alternative excursion of similar value or issue a full refund.
- For any customer cancelling a booking within 48 hours there will be no refund (100% charge will apply), cancellations made outside of 48 hours will receive a full refund.
- Applicable entrance and/or landing fees are included.
- Rates given are inclusive of guide & lunch unless specified otherwise.
- Rates are inclusive of return hotel transfers for all excursions except the ones operated from La Digue.
- Child rate is applicable to children between 2-11 years.
- Infant is applicable to children under 2 years, they are free of charge.
- Children and infants are required to travel with at least one adult.
Duration: 10 Hours
Categories: Tours and Day Trips