Curieuse + St Pierre Day Trip
Combine adventure, relaxation and culture in this fabulous tour of Curieuse and St Pierre Islands!
Spend a day exploring an unspoilt island paradise, meeting giant Albadra tortoises and floating over spectacular underwater reefs!
Departing from Grand Anse, Praslin, this full-day tour is the perfect way to see some of Seychyelles' highlights. Trips run 2-3 times per week, subject to demand.
Included in this adventure:
- Local Guide
- Creole BBQ lunch (Optional)
- 1 x 1L Water + 1 x 500ML Cola or Sprite
- Island Landing Fees of €20 per person (12yrs and above)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off from/to Grand Anse, Amitie and St Joseph areas
The tour departs from Grand Anse beach, starting at 09:00 and ending at approx. 15:30, and can be booked with or without lunch.
For your safety and comfort, the tour operator will not accept pregnant participants. Please let us know in advance if you have a disability or any health issues. The tour operator will do their best to accommodate you, ensuring the safest experience possible.
From Praslin, set sail for unforgettable Curieuse island. During the 30-minute crossing from Praslin to Curieuse, you'll first enjoy views of three spectacular beaches: Anse Kerlan, Anse Georgette and Anse Lazio.
The first stop is usually at Anse Jose* – a perfect opportunity for sunbathing! From here, you can also access the Doctors House Museum*, which teaches you about the history of the island and the old leprosy establishment.
A 45-minute hike over the hills and in the mangroves will follow*. Cross Curieuse Island and discover its lush fauna and flora en route to Baie Laraie beach. Along the way, get to meet some of the free-roaming giant Aldabra tortoises; the island is home to hundreds of them!
After such an adventure, a meal is always welcome! For an additional charge, you can choose to enjoy a delicious creole BBQ lunch with cold beverages served at the beach. For those on a tighter budget or with specific dietary restrictions, the tour can be booked without lunch, giving you more free time to relax on the beach.
Spend some time with the giant tortoises before heading out on the boat for some snorkelling. Visit up to two specially selected areas, including St Pierre Island - also known as Robinson Crusoe Island - to give you the best snorkelling experience.
Should you have any questions about the tour, please don't hesitate to contact us.
*NOTE: Currently, due to coronavirus health and safety restrictions, some areas of Curieuse Island are not accessible. The itinerary will be adapted accordingly to give you the best experience while still adhering to health and safety protocols.
Curieuse + St Pierre Day Trip Itinerary
A briefing is held before every trip to explain the itinerary for the day. The itinerary can change occasionally depending on sea conditions. Here is an example of what it could be like:
08:30 - Hotel pick-up (only available in Grand Anse, Amitie and St Joseph areas)
09:00 - Depart from Grand Anse Beach to Curieuse Island
09:30 - Anse Jose beach: sunbathing + visit of Doctor's House Museum
10:30 - Hike to Baie Laraie Beach
11:15 - Meet the giant tortoises
12:00 - Creole Barbecue lunch
13:30 - Depart to St Pierre
14:00 - Snorkelling
15:00 - Sailing back to Praslin
15:30 - End tour and transfer back to hotels
- Minimum tour requirement = 6 participants.
- Should the minimum number not be reached, the tour operator (Angel Tours) will contact you to reschedule.
- All excursions are subject to weather conditions. In the event of cancellation due to weather, the tour operator shall reschedule the tour or issue a full refund (minus any charges applied to make the refund).
- Child rate applies to children aged from 4 to 11 years old inclusive.
- Infants travel free of charge. Infant rate applies to children aged from 1 to 3 years old inclusive. Infants aged less than 1 year's old are not permitted.
- Participants are responsible for their personal items. The tour operator will not be held liable or responsible if you misplace or lose personal belongings, either while on the trip or when left behind on the island.
- For safety reasons, the tour operator will not accept pregnant participants.
- Health problems or disabilities should be reported to the tour operator before departure so they can ensure your comfort and safety.
Changes & Cancellation
- Date changes are possible up to 48 hours before departure (subject to availability) and only if a tour is operating on the newly requested date.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours before departure will be eligible for a full refund, minus any charges applied to make the refund (see the general Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges).
- For any cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure, or in case of No Show, there will be no refund (100% charge will apply).
Duration: 6 Hours 30 Mins
Categories: Outdoor Activities, Tours and Day Trips, Watersports