La Digue Bike Tour from Praslin
Explore La Digue by Bike; be your own tour guide!
Take a self-guided bike tour around La Digue and get free entrance tickets to L'Union Estate!
Depart from Praslin for a full or half-day cycling trip on La Digue. Ferry tickets to/from La Digue are included in the price from Praslin only. If you'd like to book this tour from Mahe please visit our La Digue Bike Tour from Mahe page.
Included in this adventure
- Return ferry ticket from Praslin to La Digue
- Bicycle rental
- Entrance fee L'Union Estate
- Map of La Digue
- Bottled water (1x p.p.)
What to bring: Light casual clothing, a hat, swimwear/towel, sun cream, cash and a camera
Bike info: You will be provided with mountain bikes or normal male/females bikes. It is possible to provide tandem bikes, tricycles and baby carriers but you will need to advise us in advance.
Take the Inter Island Ferry (Cat Rose) from Praslin and within only 15 minutes you’ll arrive on La Digue for your self-guided bike tour of the island. Simply exchange your voucher with one of the Creole Travel Services representatives on La Digue for a short briefing, entrance tickets to L’Union Estate and your bike for the day. This is the moment to ask for recommendations and ferry timings back to Praslin.
After this, La Digue is yours to explore! There are some amazing beaches on La Digue, such as Anse Source D’Argent, Grande Anse and Anse Coco, that you should definitely visit for a swim/snorkel! Or if you’d like to start your day learning more about La Digue you can visit L’Union Estate to meet the giant land tortoises, the Copra Mill, the Old Plantation House, Chateau St. Cloud or the Veuve Nature Reserve. Whatever your plan is on La Digue Island, simply park your bike against a tree and explore!
Recommended bike route La Digue: Start your day with some La Digue history and end it on the beach with this recommended bike route. Start off by visiting the Copra Factory and/or Anse Severe, then head over to L’Union Estate for the Old Plantation House and the giant land tortoises and continue your way to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - Anse Source D’Argent. If you’re still up for another adventure after this, and you would like to see more beaches, then you can head South-East to Anse Coco, Petit Anse and Grand Anse which is about 5-6 km. Or you could cycle over to the Veuve Nature Reserve or Chateau St. Cloud which is closer to the jetty.
When you’re done exploring La Digue, head back to the jetty at least 20 minutes before departure time (16:30/17:00). Make sure to check your departure time as this differs per day!
Ferry times are set, however, if you wish to depart on different times you can simply contact us after booking. This means that you could choose to depart Praslin later in the day, making it a half-day tour. Take a look at the ferry time table and contact us with your preferred timings. This self-guided tour operates daily. For the full itinerary and pick up times, have a look at the 'Itinerary' tab.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out.
La Digue boat and bike tour itinerary
- 09:00* Departure of Inter Island Ferry (Cat Rose) from Praslin to La Digue
- 09:15 Upon arrival on La Digue please present your voucher to the local Creole Travel Services representative in exchange for a Bicycle and Entrance Fee Tickets to L'Union Estate. This is a NON-GUIDED tour. The CTS representative will be glad to help you with any queries regarding the island and lunch.
- 16:30* / 17:00* Report to the jetty at least 20 mins before the Cat Rose ferry departure from La Digue to Praslin (please check exact departure time with CTS representative)
*Departure and return times between Praslin and La Digue are flexible. If you'd like to go at a different time please let us know after completing your booking. You can have a look at the timetable for departure times here.
Cancellations and changes to your booking
- All rates are quoted in Euro and subject to change due to government regulations or other factors beyond the control of the operator
- All excursions are subject to the weather conditions and could require a minimum number of participants to proceed. In the event of cancellation, the operator shall reschedule the tour, offer an alternative excursion of similar value or issue a full refund
- For customers cancelling a booking within 48 hours of departure, there will be no refund (100% charge will apply), cancellations made more than 48 hours before departure will receive a full refund
- Applicable entrance and/or landing fees are included
- Rates are inclusive of return hotel transfers
- Child rate is applicable to children between 2-11 years
- Infant is applicable to children under 2 years, they are free of charge
- Children and infants are required to travel with at least one adult
Location: La Digue
Duration: 8 Hours
Categories: Tours and Day Trips