La Digue Bike Tour from Mahe
Explore La Digue by Bike; be your own tour guide!
Cycle around La Digue, visit Anse Source D'Argent, Petit Anse, L'Union Estate and much more!
This self-guided tour takes place on La Digue, with roundtrip ferry transfers from Mahe included in the price.
The tour operates from Mahe on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.
If you would like to take this tour from Praslin, please visit our La Digue Bike Tour from Praslin page.
Included in this adventure
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off (on Mahe)
- Roundtrip ferry ticket
- Bicycle rental
- Entrance fee L'Union Estate
- Map of La Digue
- Bottled water (1x p.p.)
What to bring: Light casual clothing, a hat, swimwear/towel, sun cream, cash and a camera
Bike info: You will be provided with mountain bikes or standard male/female bikes. It is possible to provide tandem bikes, children sized bicycles, tricycles and baby carriers, but you will need to advise us in advance. Please note that the baby carrier on the bicycle can only carry infants from 1 year old.
After taking the Cat Cocos ferry from Mahe, you will be greeted by the Creole Travel Services representative at the La Digue jetty, where you will exchange your voucher for a bicycle and entrance tickets to L'Union Estate. After a short briefing by the local CTS representative, the whole of La Digue is yours to explore! If you have any questions or would like to know the best place to stop for lunch, simply ask your representative in the morning for extra tips.
While on La Digue, you can visit the traditional Copra Mill, Old Plantation House (L'Union Estate) with its Giant Tortoises and Anse Source D'Argent! The day is all yours, and there are many more beaches to explore than those already mentioned. If you see somewhere you'd like to stop, simply park your bike against a tree and explore. There's no need to worry about bike theft on La Digue, so it's okay if you forget to lock your bike.
Recommended bike route La Digue: From the harbour, simply cycle South-East to Grand Anse, Petit Anse and Anse Coco. This way, you can cycle the 'furthest' (around 5-6 km) while the temperature is still comfortable and start your day with your feet in the sand, snorkelling and exploring some of La Digue's most beautiful beaches. Follow the same route back to La Passe to visit the Copra Factory/Anse Severe right before you go and have some delicious lunch in town. After lunch, head over to L'Union Estate to check out the tortoises and the old plantation house and finish your day off at one of the most stunning beaches on La Digue: Anse Source D'Argent Beach. If you have time left, try adding the Veuve Nature Reserve or Chateau St. Cloud to your list of things to visit on La Digue.
After exploring La Digue for the day, simply report to the jetty at least 20 minutes before the ferry departure time. While the ferry times for this tour are set, it might be possible to break your journey and spend some time on Praslin before continuing to La Digue a few hours later. Just take a look at the ferry times here and contact us with the times you'd like to travel.
For the full itinerary and pick up times, have a look at the 'Itinerary' tab.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear, and we'd be more than happy to help you out.
La Digue Boat and Bike Tour itinerary
06:00-07:00 - Hotel pick-up
08:00 - Departure of Cat Cocos ferry from Mahe to La Digue
09:45 - Upon arrival on La Digue please present your voucher to the local Creole Travel Services representative in exchange for a Bicycle and Entrance Fee Tickets to L'Union Estate. This is a NON-GUIDED tour. The CTS representative will be glad to help you with any queries regarding the island and lunch.
15:30 - Departure of Cat Rose ferry from La Digue to Praslin. Please report to the jetty at least 20 mins before ferry departure (please check the exact departure time with the CTS representative)
15:45 - Upon arrival in Praslin, immediate transfer to Cat Cocos ferry
16:00 - Departure of Cat Cocos ferry from Praslin to Mahe
17:15 - Arrival Mahe jetty and transfer to hotel
- All rates are quoted in Euro and subject to change due to government regulations or other factors beyond the control of the operator.
- All excursions are subject to the weather conditions and could require a minimum number of participants to proceed. In the event of cancellation, the operator shall reschedule the tour, offer an alternative excursion of similar value or issue a full refund.
- Applicable entrance and/or landing fees are included.
- Child rate is applicable to children between 2-11 years.
- Infant is applicable to children under 2 years, they are free of charge.
- Children and infants are required to travel with at least one adult.
Changes & Cancellations
- Date changes are possible up to 48 hours before departure, subject to availability.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours before departure will receive a full refund, minus any charges applied to make the refund (see the general Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges).
- For any cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure, there will be no refund (100% charge will apply).
Location: La Digue
Duration: 10 Hours
Categories: Tours and Day Trips