La Digue Bike Tour from Praslin
Explore La Digue by Bike; be your own tour guide!
Take a self-guided bike tour around La Digue and get free entrance tickets to L'Union Estate!
With daily departures from Praslin, enjoy a full day (or half-day) cycling tour of La Digue. Roundtrip ferry tickets between Praslin and La Digue are included in the price. If you'd like to book this tour from Mahe, please visit our La Digue Bike Tour from Mahe page.
Included in this adventure
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off (on Praslin)
- Roundtrip ferry ticket between Praslin and La Digue
- Bicycle rental
- Entrance fee L'Union Estate
- Map of La Digue
- Bottled water (1x p.p.)
What to bring: Light casual clothing, a hat, swimwear/towel, sun cream, cash and a camera
Bike info: You will be provided with mountain bikes or regular male/females bikes. It is possible to provide: tandem bikes, children sized bikes, tricycles and baby carriers, but you will need to advise us in advance.
Take the ferry from Praslin and, within only 15 minutes, you’ll arrive on La Digue for your self-guided bike tour of the island. Simply exchange your voucher with one of the Creole Travel Services representatives on La Digue for a short briefing, entrance tickets to L’Union Estate and your bike for the day. This is the moment to ask for recommendations and ferry timings back to Praslin.
After this, La Digue is yours to explore! There are some fabulous beaches on La Digue, such as Anse Source D’Argent, Grande Anse and Anse Coco, that you should definitely visit for a swim/snorkel! Or, if you’d like to start your day learning more about La Digue you can visit L’Union Estate to meet the giant land tortoises, the Copra Mill, the Old Plantation House, Chateau St. Cloud or the Veuve Nature Reserve. Whatever your plan is on La Digue Island, simply park your bike against a tree and explore!
Recommended bike route La Digue: Start your day with some La Digue history and end it on the beach with this recommended bike route. Start your day with some La Digue history and end it on the beach with this recommended bike route. Begin with a visit to the Copra Factory and/or Anse Severe. Then, head over to L’Union Estate for the Old Plantation House and the giant land tortoises before continuing on to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - Anse Source D’Argent. If you’re still up for another adventure after this, and you would like to see more beaches, then head South-East to Anse Coco, Petit Anse and Grand Anse, which is about 5-6 km. Alternatively, you could cycle over to the Veuve Nature Reserve or Chateau St. Cloud, which is closer to the jetty.
When you’re done exploring La Digue, head back to the jetty at least 20 minutes before the ferry departure time. Just make sure to check your departure time as this may differ per day!
This self-guided tour operates every day of the week. And while the ferry times for this tour are fixed, if you wish to depart later in the day, simply contact us after booking and we'll check the ferry time table to see whether a half-day tour is possible. For the full itinerary and departure times, have a look at the 'Itinerary' tab.
Please feel free to contact us if anything remains unclear and we'd be more than happy to help you out.
La Digue boat and bike tour itinerary
Ferry departure times vary through the week, so please check the departure time for your travel date
07:30-08:30 - Hotel pick-up
09:00*- Departure of Inter Island Ferry (Cat Rose) from Praslin to La Digue (Sat)
09:30*- Departure of Cat Cocos ferry from Praslin to La Digue (Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri)
09:30*- Departure of Inter Island Ferry (Cat Rose) from Praslin to La Digue (Thu)
10:00 - Departure of Inter Island Ferry (Cat Rose) from Praslin to La Digue (Sun)
09:15-10:15 - Upon arrival on La Digue please present your voucher to the local Creole Travel Services representative in exchange for a Bicycle and Entrance Fee Tickets to L'Union Estate. This is a NON-GUIDED tour. The CTS representative will be glad to help you with any queries regarding the island and lunch.
15:30 - Departure of ferry from La Digue to Praslin. Please report to the jetty at least 20 mins before ferry departure (please check the exact departure time with the CTS representative)
15:45 - Arrival Praslin jetty and transfer to hotel
*Departure and return times between Praslin and La Digue are flexible. If you'd like to go at a different time please let us know after completing your booking. You can have a look at the timetable for departure times here.
- All rates are quoted in Euro and subject to change due to government regulations or other factors beyond the control of the operator.
- All excursions are subject to weather conditions and could require a minimum number of participants to proceed. In the event of cancellation, the operator shall reschedule the tour, offer an alternative excursion of similar value or issue a full refund.
- Applicable entrance and/or landing fees are included.
- Child rate is applicable to children between 2-11 years.
- Infant rate is applicable to children under 2 years, they are free of charge.
- Children and infants are required to travel with at least one adult.
Changes & Cancellations
- Date changes are possible up to 48 hours before departure, subject to availability.
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours before departure will receive a full refund, minus any charges applied to make the refund (see the general Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges).
- For any cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure, there will be no refund (100% charge will apply).
Location: La Digue
Duration: 8 Hours
Categories: Tours and Day Trips