Vallee de Mai & Anse Lazio Bus Tour - from Mahe
Best of Praslin - discover Vallée de Mai and Anse Lazio
Go on a guided tour of Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve, savour a Creole lunch and go swimming and snorkelling at the world-famous Anse Lazio beach!
This full-day excursion currently departs from Mahe on Mondays only.
Staying on La Digue or Praslin? The tour is available on both Mondays and Thursdays and can be booked here.
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off on Mahe
- Roundtrip Cat Cocos ferry tickets between Mahe and Praslin
- Entrance fee to Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve
- Guided tour
- Creole lunch
What to bring: Light/comfortable clothes, comfortable walking shoes, swimwear, hat, sunscreen, beach towel, mosquito repellent, sunglasses, camera, cash or credit card for beverages, snorkelling equipment, a bottle of water.
This great value guided full-day tour from Mahe to Praslin is the perfect way to see Praslin highlights all in a day!
You will first be transferred from your accommodation to the Mahe Jetty for your Cat Cocos ferry to Praslin. During the crossing, take the time to appreciate the panoramic island views and enjoy the gentle sea breeze. On arrival in Praslin, private busses will be waiting to whisk you off on your Praslin adventure.
The tour starts with a visit to one of Praslin’s most popular sites, the Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve. This fabulous UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to the legendary Coco de Mer: a double‐lobed coconut in the form of a woman’s pelvis. Rumour says Vallée de Mai was the original biblical Garden of Eden! Your guide will explain the reserve’s history and provide information about its flora and fauna, with some species found nowhere else on earth.
Following the guided tour of the reserve, you will get to enjoy a delicious Creole Lunch served at a local restaurant.
The day continues with a scenic coastal drive to the famous Anse Lazio, one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Here you will have ample time to swim, snorkel and enjoy the crystal waters and white sand beach. Truly paradise found!
After soaking up the sun and enjoying relaxing on the beach, you will head back to Baie Sainte Anne, where the Cat Cocos ferry will be waiting to take you back to Mahe, where on arrival, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
You can find the full itinerary under the ‘Itinerary’ tab.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the tour, and we’d be more than happy to help you!
Itinerary (all timings are approximate)
- All rates are in Euro and subject to change due to government regulations or other factors beyond the tour operator's control
- All excursions are subject to weather conditions. In the event of cancellation, the tour operator shall reschedule the tour, offer an alternative excursion of similar value, or issue a full refund
Minimum participants required:10
Should the number not be reached, a CTS representative will notify you before the tour
- Applicable entrance and landing fees are included
- Rates are inclusive of pick up and drop off at your Mahe hotel
- Child rate applies to children between 2-11 years old
- Children under 2 years are considered Infants and are free of charge
- Children and infants are required to travel with at least one adult
Changes & Cancellations
- Date changes are possible up to 48 hours before departure, subject to availability
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours before departure will be eligible for a full refund, minus any charges applied to make the refund (see our Terms and Conditions for cancellation charges)
- For any cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure, there will be no refund (100% charge will apply)
Duration: 11 Hours
Categories: Tours and Day Trips